[Israel.pm] Multilingual Web Sites with Perl?

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Sun Mar 28 04:01:18 PST 2004

Gaal Yahas wrote:

>The best l10n/i18n framework I knoe of in Perl is Autrijus Tang's
>Locale::Maketext::Lexicon. He wrote an excellent intro/survey here:
>
>     http://www.autrijus.org/webl10n/webl10n.html

I'll read it...
Did you work with it?
If so, was it in a web environment? Can you recommend a template system
that makes it simple (I'm really good with Mason and okay with TT)?
Otherwise, can anyone else give me some tips according to that subject? :)

>As for directionality, may I suggest you use CSS and exploit its
>cascading feature. That is, include a runtime-determined "lang.css" that
>does DIR="RTL" (uh, or the css equivalent which I've just forgotten)
>on the appropriate classes for Hebrew, and includes the rest from a
>master stylesheet.

I was just making it clear that direction is the last thing I'm affraid
of :)
I would use CSS for sure, thanks for making it even more obvious for me,
though.
It's not exploiting, it's all about choosing the right tools, don't you
think?
BTW: body { direction: rtl; } /* or anything else instead of body, if
you mentioned cascading */

  --Yuval