[Israel.pm] Multilingual Web Sites with Perl?

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Sun Mar 28 01:25:30 PST 2004

I need to write a pretty simple administrative site, but the problem is
that they want options for both English and Hebrew.
Not that anyone in this company has any problem with English, but they
are weird enough to ask for that, and I won't argue.

Does anyone have experience in writing multilingual websites with Perl?
Any preferred templating system (I was thinking of using TT, even though
I love Mason) that would make the task easier?
Would you create a hash like:
%Translate = (
    'NoUsername' => { en => 'Username must be given', he=> '....' },
);
Or maybe a lot of IF statements in the templates, or two different
templates for each page (would probably make maintenance painful :))?

Any comments would help, thanks!

  --Yuval