[Israel.pm] Developers.org.il

Pinkhas Nisanov nisanov at netvision.net.il
Fri Mar 26 14:34:32 PST 2004

Gabor Szabo wrote:

>I was surprised and glad to see Perl being mentioned there.
>What do you think about this site and its Perl related material ?

Why you are surprised? I am surprised that python and shell are not there.
I think it's good idea that there is some place where developers can share
their knowledge. I hope this site will be more active and updated.
Now about us. I think we can improve our site too. I personally use our
site only two or three times a month  :-( . It will be more useful if it
will
better reflect our mailing list and monthly meetings. Some practical
suggestions:
Unfortunately a little part of monthly meetings presentations could be found
online. Many times I looked for something that I saw in presentation, but
I didn't find it. We need to assure that presentations will be published and
best place for it is our site.
A month ago I looked for something that was discussed in  our mail list.
I started manually search it "mail list archive". A half hour later I just
download all ziped archives and found it with grep. All ideas and tricks
published in mail list may be organized in some tree on our site, like:
-- regexp
-- networking

   -- web
   -- e-mail
-- OO

We can use "Wiki" for it. Every one that post some question in mail list
will write a little digest about question and solution for it and he will
place it in our tree.

regards
Pinkhas Nisanov