[Israel.pm] Talk: A natural flow for web apps

Ran Eilam eilara at cortext.co.il
Thu Mar 25 13:02:27 PST 2004

>  Yuval Kogma wrote:
>  The other is expanding on the works of Coro and the likes, to use
>  something like context switching, with an intermediate dump  and
>  restore from/to a file.

In Smalltalk you just save the image with one method call. It is a nice
feature.

>  Now to your solution: How do you make the right perl process be the
>  one to accept the socket? I thought that this was kind of
>  impossible to do, but i guess i'm wrong. And then: how do you handle

No need to. It is a simple mod_perl-like handler that accepts an HTTP
request from mod_perl, and returns an HTML string to pass to the client.

>  URL's which aren't yours? do you reimplement things like virtual
>  hosting, and all that in perl? Or does mod_perl let you use the code
>  in Apache's core as a sort of library?

Well it does, but why would you need to implement these features if
Apache already does?

I wonder if Coro plays nice with mod_perl. I know nothing of Perl
internals, but it seems as if Coro must be doing some major brain
surgery in that area.

Ran