OT Re: [Israel.pm] Safari review

David Baird david.baird at homemail.com
Wed Mar 24 05:24:44 PST 2004

Jason Elbaum wrote:
> You're talking law. I'm talking morality. So is the GNU site
> (though they and I disagree).
>
> I certainly can equate illegal copying with stealing, even
> if the law doesn't. Try and stop me! :-b

I've been following the OT discussion. On the point of morality, not
only I agree with Jason, I think that it is also in accordance with
Talmudic interpretation of stealing. Being Jewish, I am very concerned
with what the Talmud says on issues of morality. It defines stealing as
depriving another of their rightful property. On the other hand, it also
says that a stolen animal passes into the possession of a thief after
the original owner has given up all hope of ever recovering his
property. Again this is a system of ethics, not a court of law. It means
that at some point, you should give up on trying to get stolen property
back.

-David