OT Re: [Israel.pm] Safari review

Jason Elbaum Jason.Elbaum at motorola.com
Wed Mar 24 04:58:27 PST 2004

> No, you just deprive him of the earnings. It's not stealing because copyright
> law is not something that is defined as a criminal law. So it does not mean
> you can equate the illegal copying of copyrighted material to stealing.

You're talking law. I'm talking morality. So is the GNU site (though
they and I disagree).

I certainly can equate illegal copying with stealing, even if the law
doesn't. Try and stop me! :-b

I believe that a man has the right to the value of the product of his
labor, should he want it, and that benefiting from that labor without
permission is morally a form of theft. I intend to continue to call it that.

Regards,

Jason Elbaum