[Israel.pm] Talk: A natural flow for web apps

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Wed Mar 24 03:35:19 PST 2004

Asking the user a question ends the apache request (when you print your
HTML with your form).
Receiving the form information is another apache request...
In the terminal based prompt, you script waits for the user's input - in
the web, you must have it in 2 requests (which ruins the programmers'
lives :)).

Writing web applications with prompt() functions should be really great
- I hope Ran would elaborate more in his lecture...

  --Yuval