[Israel.pm] awk equivalent

Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com
Tue Mar 23 04:34:12 PST 2004

It's here:  http://www.perl.com/language/ppt/
Yossi

                      Oron Peled
                      <oron at actcom.co.         To:      Perl in Israel <perl at perl.org.il>, Gabor Szabo <gabor at pti.co.il>
                      il>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: Re: [Israel.pm] awk equivalent
                      perl-bounces at per
                      l.org.il

                      03/23/2004 14:28
                      Please respond
                      to Perl in
                      Israel

On Tuesday 23 March 2004 10:21, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> While I agree with what David sais here I'd love to see a module (or
more)
> that would implement those simple but powerfull commands that in turn
> you could use in your code. Without assuming anything about the
underlying
> OS.

Some years ago there was a project (I think Tom Christiansen led it) to
reimplement all Unix utilities (POSIX.2) in terms of perl (with all command
line switches etc.). I don't have a pointer right now, and I don't know if
it
is maintained, but...

> rm "-rf /";

BTW: Your extra quotes make the "-rf /" behave as a single argument to rm
     so it won't do what you implied, but rather complain about invalid
     options (the space and the /)

Cheers,

"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples then
you and I will still each have  one apple. But  if you have an idea and I
have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two
ideas." -- George Bernard Shaw     (sent by  shaulk @ actcom . net . il)