[Israel.pm] awk equivalent

Gabor Szabo gabor at pti.co.il
Tue Mar 23 00:21:33 PST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, David Baird wrote:

> Perl includes the capabilities of awk, cut, sed, grep, echo. However,
> that list of commands are meant to be simple command line approaches to
> their specialized tasks. Therefore, their command line interfaces,
> specialized to their task, will be simple.

While I agree with what David sais here I'd love to see a module (or more)
that would implement those simple but powerfull commands that in turn
you could use in your code. Without assuming anything about the underlying
OS.

Like this:

use RealShell;

rm "-rf /";

Gabor
ps. I am sure most of these are partially implemented somewhere.