[Israel.pm] Writing Excel file

Gabor Szabo gabor at perl.org.il
Thu Mar 11 00:24:54 PST 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Scott Weisman wrote:

> you can also write a csv file and rename it with the .xls extension and it too
> will work.
>
> i use the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel module. It's not that hard to use and is
> quite flexible. i also generate csv files, but the ability to create multiple
> worksheets is a definite plus for using a native format.

I had the same problem a couple of month ago with the addition that I
had to handle values like
03444  to be shown as string and values like with the leading 0
0.3    to be shown as numbers with the leading 0

In the end I used some Win32::* and requred an Excel installed on the
machine (which was not a problem as the client had it)

Can any of the above mentioned module handle these tasks properly ?