[Israel.pm] Perl for C, C++, C#, Java, COBOL and VB programme rs

Gabor Szabo gabor at perl.org.il
Wed Mar 10 15:13:39 PST 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Eitan Schuler wrote:

> My feeling was that they just couldn't cover in the task specification
> exactly all grammatical code-contexts where the change should have been
> made. That's why the preferred "human eyes" to scan.
>
> So. The most important thing is that managers should start to trust in perl,
> and in perl programmers.
> This should be the basic to your idea. And then it can make revolutions.

An what if the COBOL programmer makes a mistake ? [1]

This is an interesting example. I think my point would not necessarily to
convince the management. Probably the COBOL programmer will like it better
if s/he can write a regex that will do 60% of the work so s/he can take
one day off.

[1] No problem as they have a test suit that will catch the problem within
minutes. They do have a test suit, right ?