[Israel.pm] Perl for C, C++, C#, Java, COBOL and VB programmers

Gabor Szabo gabor at perl.org.il
Tue Mar 9 22:22:41 PST 2004

I am thinking about developing a one-day course for C, C++, C#, Java,
COBOL, VB etc. programmers.

The idea is that while all these programmers will not replace their
programming language by Perl due to whatever reasons their management
have, they can in fact improve a lot their work environment. They can
also do lots of things with Perl that will help their development.

As a quick example there was a question about how to fix a VB file
in a recent post see
http://www.perl.org.il/pipermail/perl/2004-January/003989.html

My only problem (is it really a problem :?) is that I am not
programming daily in any of those languages. This means I only have
guesses what could be those time consuming task these people need to do,
where Perl can help.

So here is where I need your help. There are lots of people in here who do
program in the above languages. So what task could you delegate to Perl
which don't go into the final product ?

Gabor

ps. and again if it was not clear, I will not try to convince anyone to
replace their language by Perl. I will just try to convince them to add
another tool to their tool-box to improve, ... whatever they want to
improve there.