[Israel.pm] RE: YAPC. The good, the bad and the ugly

Yaron Golan yarongo at mercury.co.il
Tue Mar 9 07:35:44 PST 2004

Hi Nadav.
I am sorry that I made you that mad. I guess you are mad due to the tone of
your writing.
You shouldn't take it that hard, it is bad for your heart.

I didn't come to YAPC 2004 to get perl code snippets. That I can get on the
net, at your site for example....

On the other hand, I didn't come to waist my time either.
I didn't come to hear that there is a way I can monitor my system.
I didn't come to hear that there is a way I can send SMS via the Internet.
That I already know.
I mainly came to get new ideas and learn what else I can do with perl.

I also came to hear in what way perl is better or different than that other
50 languages.
If I wanted to hear about web programming in Java, I'd go to a YAJC, not a
YAPC.
But I don't want.
I wanted to hear about perl. Get it?

I think that the YAPCs and the monthly meetings are great when they give me
what I need: Inspiration.

When I get the feeling that my time is wasted, it makes me sad.
When I'm sad, I'm not inspired.