[Israel.pm] Talk Idea: Intro to CPAN

Gabor Szabo gabor at perl.org.il
Mon Mar 1 03:49:15 PST 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Yuval Kogman wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 21:51:30 +0200, Zachary Kessin wrote:
> > I had an Idea for a talk to give, "An introduction to and Overview of
> > CPAN". It would be more of a basic level talk but still I think useful.
> > I would be talking in English. Maybe we could pair it up with a few
> > lighting talks on "My favorite cool CPAN Module".
>
> CPAN has been changing lots recently - META.yml, cpansign,
> Module::Build, rating system - I thought of making a short (10 minute)
> talk about CPAN from an author perspective.
>
> How's that sound?

To me both sound like good and  interesting, please decide on
1) how long each one of you would like to talk
2) when (on which meeting) and I'll update the list of presentations

Shlomo, when are you giving the one you postponed last month ?

I have update our schedule (with mostly empty slots)
2004 March 11
2004 April 1
2004 May 6
2004 June 3

it would be great if we could get organized once more and start adding up
lots of good presentations. (I am looking at haifux here
http://www.haifux.org ) they have meetings every 2 weeks and are able
to list their presentations up front for a couple of month.

I think it would be good to our group as well if we started to get a bit
more organzied on this side.

Besides the meeting reports stopped being written in the last 2 month I
think. Is there no interest any more ?

So, people, whoever wants to give talks, this is the time to propose
talks.

Please give at least the following:
title:
date:
length:

Optionaly some abstract. All that can go on the list.