[Israel.pm] Unified Perl installation

Roman M. Parparov romm at empire.tau.ac.il
Mon Jun 28 02:52:42 PDT 2004

Hi again,

I have a network that contains a Solaris x86, an Irix 6.4 and Linux,
with a possibility that in the future a FreeBSD machine will be added.

I wonder whether it would be good and healthy to maintain a unified
$LIBDIR/perl5 tree for all the os-s, considering Perl does check
and install architecture dependencies properly.

Your opinions?

--
Roman M. Parparov - NASA EOSDIS project node at TAU technical manager.
Email: romm at empire.tau.ac.il		   http://www.nasa.proj.ac.il/