[Israel.pm] web forum markup language

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Tue Jun 15 08:18:02 PDT 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> I am just not sure if I should use he [] tags or <> tags ?

If the open tag and close tag characters are parametric in
your implementation, you can deffer this decision for as
much as you want. The trick is, as you already pointed out,
that every decision forces a special "escaping" on the
inlined text. So -- if you determine which kind of escaping
to do according to the open/close tag characters, you'll end
up with a robust implementation that allows you to change
these to anything, as long as you have an apropriate
escaping implementation suitable for your open/close
characters.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il