[Israel.pm] web forum markup language

Gabor Szabo gabor at perl.org.il
Tue Jun 15 05:21:30 PDT 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Ishay Inbar wrote:

> Hi,
> I think you should look into www.perlmonks.com. Writing messages there includes HTML abilities, but when you want to write code you
> wrap it with <CODE></CODE> and it looks like code.

Well, I was looking at Perl Monks and as I can understand the <code> they
use is actually their own invention which happens to look like a real HTML
entity but in fact they replace it with some other HTML code.

Still looking at Monks, while I see they allow some 40 or so different
HTML tags but as much as I could tell from a quick look at the posts people
are using only a very limited set of the possibilities
indentation but I did not check what was that.

Those whom are more familiar with the Monks, do you have other experience?

List of their approved HTML list is here:
http://www.perlmonks.com/index.pl?node_id=29281