[Israel.pm] Version Control Systems talk

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Mon Jun 14 09:08:40 PDT 2004

On Friday 11 June 2004 13:42, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> Yuval wrote:
> > I will buy you a beer if you teach me how to use arch, that's for sure
>
> I am still thinking how to better arrange my 60-75 minute talk.
> There are basically 3 options.
>
> 1) A usual talk format with slides about version control systems in
>    general and examples of developing in cvs, svn and arch,

Well, _personally_ speaking this won't interest me too much. I think I know
what you are going to say about version control systems in general and I'm
quite familiar with CVS and Subversion.

But it could be a good idea for everybody else.

> 2) Fully practical talk without much slides. We may setup our own cvs,
>    svn and arch repositories from scratch and start to work.

It is possible that would miss the point of instructing people why version
control is important.

> 3) I may focus on arch only, then I may show some advanced techniques
>    after the basic ones.

That would probably interest me the most as I don't know Arch very well. A
tutorial I followed in getting it to work back in the larch-1.0-preX age, has
become out of date with recent versions of tla.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il