[Israel.pm] Tabs vs. Spaces

Mikhael Goikhman migo at homemail.com
Fri Jun 11 03:08:44 PDT 2004

Yuval, please try stay on topic. We are at "tabs vus spaces", not at
"smart vus dumb" editors here. These are orthogonal issues, at least in
theory.

People choose the first 2 policies I described because they care about
other developers and they are not interested in the religious battles
about which indention is better, 3, 5 or 8 columns.

You believe your editor is configurable. I thought so too many years ago.
It is not. Try to configure CPerl mode in it to follow the first policy.
Then configure it to follow the second. It should be perfect without any
single glitch, the result should be viewable with any tab size. Ask any
additional questions in private, discussing editors is totally offtopic.

Regards,
Mikhael.