[Israel.pm] Tabs vs. Spaces

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Fri Jun 11 01:09:27 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 23:46, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> I think this code is horrible, this is what "smart" editors force on you.
> When either the variable name or the function name is renamed, the whole
> unstructured code becomes unaligned too.

My "smart" editor has an option to change that style and choose from 7
styles,
Your "stupid" editor, on the other hand, makes you type "tab" ("\t")
which should distract you from actually programming.
Unless that's ok with your employer, I don't think you'd want to be less
effecient at work :)
In my editor's case, I can also easily take anyone's style, select the
entire buffer and re-indent it - all using built in features.

Also, that kind of indention is what I thought about when I was placing
my bet.
Seems like your editor won't align anything with...anything...
I am starting to have second thoughts about buying you beer :)

I will buy you a beer if you teach me how to use arch, that's for sure
:p
/me exploits migo's passion for beer

Now if you'll excuse me, recompiling my kernel with the latest ATI
patches just ruined my wheelmouse configuration.