[Israel.pm] HTML wrapper induction

Gabor Szabo gabor at pti.co.il
Wed Jun 9 10:20:24 PDT 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Shlomo Yona wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Issac Goldstand wrote:
>
> > Why not use HTML::Parser?  Or if you want a shortcut for (3), try
> > HTML::SimpleLinkExtor.  Or am I missing the point?
>
> You're missing the point.
> I'm looking for an automated way to "train" a parser to
> extract the desired data rather than doing it manually.

At what level of changes are you expecting to cover ?
I mean if the site swaps its pages or is suddenly written in
Yiddish, your are not expecting to get over with the automated tool right?

Can you create a regex for the text of the link that will withstand the
possible changes ?

BTW how are you expecting something to learn if you can give only one
example ?