[Israel.pm] creating an image

Shlomi Bakish shlomi at il.marvell.com
Tue Jun 8 07:55:05 PDT 2004

I didn't mean a checkerboard literaly, it still has to be in colors, and
more fancy graphics.
I just meant that it is not a regular graph, it's a display of result
per 2 conditions (x-y).
for example - voltage(y) vs freq(x) - the square will be green for
'pass', red for 'fail' and might also contain
a number inside (number of failures).

Omer Zak wrote:

>If you need anyway to create something which looks like checkered board,
>then the pbm format is your friend.  Once you have created a pbm format
>file (easy, and maybe there is already a suitable Perl model), the tools
>in the netpbm package can convert it into any desired image format (pbm
>and its brothers - pgm, ppm and pnm - was originally created as an
>intermediate format for conversion between different image formats).
>
>See also man netpbm.
>
>On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Shlomi Bakish wrote:
>

>>Hi need to do a plot of shmoo data - for each x-y there is a square,
>>red=fail, green=pass, as far as I understand GD::Graph can not
>>support this output (it should look something like a checkers board).
>>Any idea ?
>>I think I'll go with the more simple approach of displaying the image
>>and grabbing it in some way, I am not a programmer, I don't have
>>any knowledge in vector graphics, nor the time to learn...I just need
>>the simplest solution, even if it is not the most
>>proffesional/elegant/fancy one...
>>

>                                             --- Omer
>My blog is at http://www.livejournal.com/users/tddpirate/
>
>My opinions, as expressed in this E-mail message, are mine alone.
>They do not represent the official policy of any organization with which
>I may be affiliated in any way.
>WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

Shlomi Bakish
Marvell Semiconductor Israel Ltd
Test Eng.
E-mail  :  shlomi at il.marvell.com
Tel (office) : +972 4 9091620
Fax (office) : +972 4 9091501
Tel (mobile) : +972 53 750859
WWW page : http://www.marvell.com
*      CARPE DIEM           *

The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential. The
information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
telephone, or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.