[Israel.pm] creating an image

Omer Zak omerz at actcom.co.il
Tue Jun 8 07:22:21 PDT 2004

If you need anyway to create something which looks like checkered board,
then the pbm format is your friend.  Once you have created a pbm format
file (easy, and maybe there is already a suitable Perl model), the tools
in the netpbm package can convert it into any desired image format (pbm
and its brothers - pgm, ppm and pnm - was originally created as an
intermediate format for conversion between different image formats).

See also man netpbm.

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Shlomi Bakish wrote:

> Hi need to do a plot of shmoo data - for each x-y there is a square,
> red=fail, green=pass, as far as I understand GD::Graph can not
> support this output (it should look something like a checkers board).
> Any idea ?
> I think I'll go with the more simple approach of displaying the image
> and grabbing it in some way, I am not a programmer, I don't have
> any knowledge in vector graphics, nor the time to learn...I just need
> the simplest solution, even if it is not the most
> proffesional/elegant/fancy one...

                                             --- Omer
My blog is at http://www.livejournal.com/users/tddpirate/

I may be affiliated in any way.