[Israel.pm] creating an image

Shlomi Bakish shlomi at il.marvell.com
Tue Jun 8 06:46:07 PDT 2004

Roman M. Parparov wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 03:25:58PM +0300, Shlomi Bakish wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>I need to write a scipt in perl tk that takes some ascii data and plots
>>it as a graphic image.
>>Suppose I do that - how can I save this output as a file image (jpg, gif
>>etc..) ?
>>(Eventualy it would have to be processed without a display - just input
>>of ascii file and output of  image file)
>>

>GD::Graph is your friend.
>
>We're using it to make graphs of synoptical data.

Hi need to do a plot of shmoo data - for each x-y there is a square,
red=fail, green=pass, as far as I understand GD::Graph can not
support this output (it should look something like a checkers board).
Any idea ?
I think I'll go with the more simple approach of displaying the image
and grabbing it in some way, I am not a programmer, I don't have
any knowledge in vector graphics, nor the time to learn...I just need
the simplest solution, even if it is not the most
proffesional/elegant/fancy one...