[Israel.pm] Classifier

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Mon Jun 7 23:35:52 PDT 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Offer Kaye wrote:

> 1. In the example.perl code, there is no need to do "use lib './';", since
> "." is already in @INC by default.

You are correct, nonetheless, I wanted it as a statement
that the module is not located where normally my modules are
located :-)

> 2. In Classifier.pm,  you use many one-letter variables, such as $x, $y, $t,
> and even the dreaded "use strict doesn't work on me" $b :-) We just had a
> long thread on this subject- are you still not convinced that such variable
> names are a Bad Thing(tm)?

I followed the names which are ususally used in this
context. I saw no reason to pick longer and less descriptive
names than the ones used in the "industry" :-)... In
particular, I used the terminology as mentioned in
"Fundamentals of Neural Networks"[1] by Laurene V. Fausett.

[1]
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0133341860/cm_aya_asin.title/104-2346022-2335959?v=glance&s=books
You can even see a book report I posted there 2 years ago.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
http://cs.haifa.ac.il/~shlomo/