Variable Naming [was Re: [Israel.pm] catching $a, $b unnecessary my and maybe other things]

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Mon Jun 7 14:12:03 PDT 2004

Uri/Shlomi,

I guess it doesn't matter if it's consistent.
Personally, I don't mind.
It's transparent to me.
It should be to all of you too.

But if it's a jungle of coding-styles in 1 project or 1 file - then people
like me are going to lose hair.
And I like my hair except for the fact that every hair has a split end! :)

Personally when working on other people's code, I'd use their style.
Even if I think it's ugly.
I know your hair is important to you, I know you don't want ulcer, so I
won't make people get lost in the code I work on and curse my mother (hi
mom!).

  --Yuval