[Israel.pm] Eclipse + Perl? (Also: good editors for Perl?)

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Mon Jun 7 04:46:35 PDT 2004

I never used Eclipse.
I heard so much about it from Gaal & Ran.

This looks like the coolest thing ever:
http://e-p-i-c.sourceforge.net/main.html

Does anyone use it?
Can anyone comment about it?

I don't want to waste my time setting it up and messing with java if it's not-so-good.

This looks really great, "Content assist" might be very helpful, a list of all variables/subroutines/etc is what Emacs lacks (or does it...?), the debugger interface is a lot easier than the Emacs one, etc.

The thing is, I don't want it to crawl on my computer.
It should at least work extremely smooth on my P4 2.66Ghz w/ 1GB RAM at 333mhz.
But I also use a P3 1000Mhz with 512MB SDRAM (133Mhz...).

Otherwise, what good tools are there that offer similar features (esp. this debugger interface and list of variables/subroutines) are there (for Linux...)?

I love Emacs but I do miss some features that aren't SO important, but anything that could ease things for me while programming/debugging would be considered as a replacement.

  --Yuval