Variable Naming [was Re: [Israel.pm] catching $a, $b unnecessary my and maybe other things]

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Sun Jun 6 23:19:47 PDT 2004

> However for "my" variables, one-two meaningful English words are good.

I'll be late for work but I'll comment anyway:
my $DayOfMonth is a lot better than $DOM or $d (and actually even better
than $day...).

Also, long names should be auto-completed, or else you're using the wrong
editor.
Not getting into editor wars, but this is so basic, I guess even
notepad.exe should have this feature.

I don't copy paste, I always auto-complete, and it works well.

  --Yuval