[Israel.pm] charsets, forms and CGI

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Wed Jun 2 01:50:50 PDT 2004

After Gabor's solution, everything is perfect when using a
w3c standards browser (e.g., konqueror, mozilla...). I am,
however, facing trouble when IE is involved.

My form looks like this:
--- begin HTML code snippet ---
<form action="http://some.server.somewhere/cgi-bin/my.cgi.pl" method="post" ACCEPT-CHARSET="ISO-8859-8">
	<textarea name="input_text" rows="32" cols="64"></textarea>
	<input type="submit" value="Analyze!">
--- end HTML code snippet ---

The code of the script, you've already seen in my previous
thread on this subject:

My problem is as follows,
using IE, I type in text in Hebrew into the textarea and
press the submission button. Somehow -- the text received by
the CGI script doesn't recognize the text as Hebrew, and
only recognizes correctly the pubctuation.

Is there some magic-code I should be using?

Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il