[Israel.pm] Perl Hebrew Tutorial - Second Edition

Uri Bruck bruck at actcom.net.il
Tue Jul 27 04:05:54 PDT 2004

Hi,
Nice going.
I'll give it a more thorough read, but for now a couple of short comments.
- In section 2.3 you write:
"זה לא טוב להמציא משתנה באמצע קוד"
That's an anglicism. "it's not a good thing ... " etc.
Delete the "זה" and you'll get the Hebrew sentence you intended.

- In the same section you write:
"שים לב שכל שורה מסתיימת בנקודה-פסיק" etc.
This is a sub-section in a section about types of variables. Not really
the right place to mention this for the first time.

- Section 2.1
"בפרל קיימים ארבעה סוגי משתנים: סקלר , מערך, טבלת האש וקובץ"
What's that 3rd one again?
Two points about that one: The first occurence should be accompanied by
the English term in parantheses (that goes for all terms).
Specifically for a hash. "associative array" is a term more likely to be
identified by readers. So I'd present this type as "Associative array,
commonly refered to in perl as a hash. Hash is the term that will be
used in this tutorial."

semuel wrote:
> Hello There.
>
> PerlHebTut2 is continued to be written.
> A link:
> http://code.semuel.co.il/perlhebtut/perlhebtut2.pdf
>
> Whats new:
> The society chapter was written.
> OfferK's comments were implemented.
> Thanks to Yuval for his comments - although I don't agree with them.
>
> Whats old:
> The Hebrew chapter is being written.
> Shlomo's comments were (partly) implemented.
> A license was added at the first chapter.
> An error about array size was corrected.
> Regexp chapter may be friendlier now.
> The Internet chapter was written.
>
> Semuel.

Thanks,