[Israel.pm] regex questions

Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com
Mon Jul 19 06:34:34 PDT 2004

I still have to check if it good for me, but since
matches empty string, then
can "eat" everything untill the end (including any "Nav").

Correct ?

                      "David Baird"
                      <david.baird at cmcros         To:      "'Perl in Israel'" <perl at perl.org.il>
                      sroads.com>                 cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject: RE: [Israel.pm] regex questions
                      perl-bounces at perl.o
                      07/19/2004 16:31
                      Please respond to
                      Perl in Israel

> We have a text containing lines such as:
> [DBACBNav]
> [DBZXYNav]
> ..
> ..
> We would like to capture the string that comes after "DB" but
> without the
> "Nav" - if it exists.

And $1 always has your match.

Get "The Regex Coach" for Windows to debug your regex.

Perl mailing list
Perl at perl.org.il