[Israel.pm] regex questions

Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com
Mon Jul 19 06:34:34 PDT 2004

Thanks,
I still have to check if it good for me, but since
(Nav)?
matches empty string, then
(.*?)
can "eat" everything untill the end (including any "Nav").

Correct ?

                      "David Baird"
                      <david.baird at cmcros         To:      "'Perl in Israel'" <perl at perl.org.il>
                      sroads.com>                 cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject: RE: [Israel.pm] regex questions
                      perl-bounces at perl.o
                      rg.il

                      07/19/2004 16:31
                      Please respond to
                      Perl in Israel

> We have a text containing lines such as:
>
> [DBACBNav]
> [DBACB]
> [DBZXYNav]
> [DBZXY]
> ..
> ..
>
> We would like to capture the string that comes after "DB" but
> without the
> "Nav" - if it exists.

And $1 always has your match.

Get "The Regex Coach" for Windows to debug your regex.
http://weitz.de/regex-coach/

-David