[Israel.pm] telnet without Net::Telnet

Gabor Szabo gabor at pti.co.il
Thu Jul 15 01:37:48 PDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com wrote:

> No modules allowed !

I don't understand this obsesssion.
having a module or not does not relate to being compiled or not.

In our previous exchange the issue seemed that you want to compile your
code not that you cant use a module. Besides you can take the code
of Net::Telnet and put it within your single file script and then you
"don't have a module" in your code.

Of course it uses Socket or IO::Socket as the author did not want to
reinvent every wheel.

So if you are not allowed any module or for that matter any code
downloaded from some external source - then the lets put it plain here:
you cannot do it in less than 3 month.

> BTW: can someone explain why I can do it with ftp but not with telnet :
>
> qx / ftp -n $host <<EOL
> user myUser passwd
> bla
> bli
> EOL
> /;

here you are using the external ftp command (which btw might not
be available in the same format on the target machine and then you are

I am sure there are versions of telnet that can do the same but maybe
not the one you have on your system.