[Israel.pm] telnet without Net::Telnet

Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com
Wed Jul 14 21:23:05 PDT 2004

Hi,
I have to run it in customer's station, where he has old Perl (5.005) with
no modules installed + I need to build an executable.
perlcc's executable still wants some DLLs, and PAR seems not to work at all
on Solaris.

Yossi

                      Gabor Szabo
                      <gabor at perl.org.         To:      Perl in Israel <perl at perl.org.il>
                      il>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: Re: [Israel.pm] telnet without  Net::Telnet
                      perl-bounces at per
                      l.org.il

                      07/15/2004 07:19
                      Please respond
                      to Perl in
                      Israel

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com wrote:

> Is it possible to "talk"  telnet without Net::Telnet (or any other
module)?

while I know I am not being helpful but I'd like to know why would you
like to do that ?

Is this only a theoretical question or is there some reason you don't
want or cannot use Net::Telnet or any other module (!) ?

regards