[Israel.pm] perlcc (Perl 5.8)

Jason Friedman jason.friedman at weizmann.ac.il
Sun Jul 11 04:10:54 PDT 2004

hi,

you should try using the PAR program (par.perl.org)

I had some success with it to create windows exectuables for perl
programs.

basically it zips up everything the program needs - the program itself,
the perl interpreter and the packages. so it does not require any external
compiler and should run on a computer without perl installed.

it is not particularly efficient (because each time to run it, it needs to
uncompress the archive) but it may be good enough for you needs.

Jason