[Israel.pm] newline character as a portability issue

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Thu Jul 8 03:44:28 PDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Offer Kaye wrote:

> As long as you refer to "\n", you're okay. What I mean is, as long as
> you use "chomp" to remove the line ending and "print '$text\n'" to add
> the line ending, you are using portable code.

Unfortunately, chomp is not the operation I'm needing to do.

> If you are trying to do other stuff, please say what exactly.
> Regards,

See the email I sent about it.
Basically, I have a regex pattern where I currently use \n,
and I want it to be robust when handling text that comes
from different platforms and/or on different platforms.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
http://cs.haifa.ac.il/~shlomo/