[Israel.pm] Call for speakers for the monthly meetings

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Sun Jul 4 02:11:20 PDT 2004

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> Please send your presentation offerings to the altar.
> Include title, short abstract, length in minutes
> These presentations should be between 5-90 minutes.

I will be very interested in seeing presentations related to
the following issues:

1. Rapid construction of a web-based gui to various
applications. Or: How can I easily make a web-based GUI to
my application? Issues:
 - concepts such as authentication, and state managing
 - how to handle the flow of the application
 - available frameworks and tools + examples
 - relevant Apache configuration...
2. Testing your scripts and modules:
	- Testing terminology
	- Testing approaches
	- avialable modules for easier construction of tests
	- Reporting tests results in a useful way
and so on...

Anyone?

> I'd really like to see a number of shorter presentations (~20 min)
> and lightning talks (5 min) too.

Actually -- I find it more useful to have someone write down
an idea + example on a discussion over the mailing list
rather than viewing it in a lightning talk...

> ps. maybe we should send out some official PR call for speakers too
> to a wider audience ? Shlomo, Offer, what do you think ?

Do you mean that we invite speakers to speak about non-Perl
topics?

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il