[Israel.pm] How to make an executable

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Sat Jan 31 08:53:22 PST 2004

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 03:50:17PM +0530, Abhishek jain wrote:
> I want to make an windows executable .exe from perl code. But I do not know
> how to do so. Please help me in detailI shall be very very grateful.

I've had some success with PAR <http://par.perl.org>. It's still not
rock stable but it's an ambitious project with the right kind of goals
and the right kind of backing, so it looks like a good path to try.

The short of it is take your perl, install PAR on it, then do

     pp --gui -o PROGRAM.EXE script.pl

(Note that you (a) only need to install PAR on your own machine and (b)
don't need a compiler.)

--
Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/