[Israel.pm] Nokia and Perl

Offer Kaye oferk at oren.co.il
Wed Jan 28 09:42:05 PST 2004

> So there's hope yet. One should note that Perl is available for
> Linux-based
> cell-phones already, because it can already compile on Linux
> (naturally). I
> think I recall it was also ported to WinCE and to PalmOS. This
> makes Simbian
> the last mobile phones OS to adopt it. So much for keeping things
> proprietary.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Shlomi Fish
>
> --

I'm almost 100% certain Perl *has not* been ported to PalmOS. If anyone
knows otherwise, please post a link. There is also a line on the ports page
of CPAN that says:
No known ports for [Inferno] [OS1100] [PalmOS] [PRIMOS] [VxWorks]

The WinCE port has an updated page from the one listed on CPAN, it is:
http://perlce.sourceforge.net/
So any phone that runs WinCe will run Perl. So yes Gabor, you can buy such a
PDA/phone in Israel, but it will cost you a bundle :-)