[Israel.pm] Courses around YAPC

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Sun Jan 25 04:33:18 PST 2004

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> In addition to the YAPC conference, we invite you to participate in the
> following one day seminars offered by PTI, and take advantage of the special
> price offered to YAPC::2004 participants.

[...]

> Fundamentals of Perl
> Web Development
> QA - Automated Testing
> Debugging Perl

Good timing!

I hope many will use this opportunity to learn
Perl and get a broader understanding of its usage.

In fact, you chose a good set of topics, which are in many
cases, the weak stop of organizations which use Perl. In
such cases, one or several Perl scripts written by some
worker at some point in time are used to carry out a
critical stage in the development or testing or packaging
process and there is not enough knowledge in the
organization to improve or even maintain the scripts
according to new needs. It seems that the topics you
selected can (depending on the actual content of the
courses) touch that aspect and shed more light on it and
give the participants tools to be able to "read",
"understand" and "maintain" Perl code, in addition to create
new and useful Perl applications.

Good luck!

P.S.
I wish other companies follow your (PTI) footsteps and use
YAPC::Israel to promote their business while supporting and
promoting Perl literacy in Israel.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il