[Israel.pm] Nokia to port Perl to Mobile phones

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Mon Jan 19 00:22:06 PST 2004

Shlomo,

I would like to query my calls. Maybe with regex...
SELECT SUM(time) as PayToOrange FROM DialedCalls WHERE PhoneNumber =~
/^(054|055)/;

Should be nifty, but my work pays for my bills anyway.

To be honest, I _must_ have an ntp client (ntpdate) on my cellphone.
Damn thing gets out of sync when my cellphone falls off of my (choose:
bed, desk, hands, dog).
To be honest, I must have all my clocks in sync.

My alarm clock won't connect to the intra-web and update itself... Now
here's a startup!

Anyway, after I write some sort of "ntpdate" in Perl, I want a program
that connects to my POP3 server and gives me all the subjects of my e-mails.
Possibly, I would like to choose a specific e-mail and read it.

All these tasks require some sort of internet connection, and modules
(that do exist in CPAN...).
Internet connection is available, but expensive.

Since I have a problem waking up in the morning, I would extend the
alarm clock so it'd ask me to type some long passphrase before it turns
itself off, thus making sure I am awake.

Can't wait to write programs for my cellular phone, anyway.

  --Yuval