Re: Re: [Israel.pm] Converting this "àìãø " into "????" using Encode.pm problem

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Thu Jan 15 12:24:44 PST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Eitan Keren wrote:

> Hey,
> You were right!, It was a encoding problem within the browser itself.
> When I changed it back into Hebrew Windows I was able to see it, but can I
> configure it for the user so the browser will know in which Encoding to use
> ?

Yes. There are two basic ways to do this "automatically":

1. The web server is configured to use the desired
character-set and encoding as default for specific pages
2. A more portable) solution would be to use the HTML meta tags:

For example, if you wish to use utf-8 as the encoding, then
this:

should be added somewhere between the <head> and </head> of
the relevant HTML pages.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il