[Israel.pm] Objects and classes

semuel semuel at semuel.co.il
Wed Jan 14 11:22:18 PST 2004

From: Yuval Kogman
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2004 11:57 PM

>> It's like plating a method inside other object. Is this style is popular?

> Subclassing is it's name, and not as it should be, in the opinions of
> many.

I must confess: I never did learned seriously the OO implementation in perl.
I am familiar with C++ and Java's, and just assumed that it's basically the
same. But in these languages, when you subclass, the new class have a name
of its own. It does not populate the superior class name space, but have its
own name space.
So you say that in perl subclasses lives in their superior class name space.
OK.
(Are there any other differences like this one?)

Semuel.