[Israel.pm] volunteer needed

Yuval Kogman lists at woobling.org
Tue Jan 13 15:54:02 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 04:35:39PM -0500, Martha H Greenberg wrote:

> Also, if anyone has any particular questions on perl and monitoring that
> they want answered in my talk, speak up now!

Some thoughts -

Reliability
	if the monitor is broken you may think your stuff is broken,
	when it isn't, or worse, you may think your stuff is working
	when it isn't.
Testing
	How do you fake failure scenarios to acheive the above
	.... on production systems
ICMP responses and what they mean
	kind of useful when you ping a host and your router shouts
	back at you.
Testing for more than just pings
	discussion:
	is trying to query the protocol a good thing?
	is just connecting enough?
	how do we test for a generic protocol?
Obscure setups:
	Testing through firewalls
	port knocking scenarios

 /\  kung foo master: /me beats up some cheese: neeyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!