[Israel.pm] lecture slides

Lary Ecker el01693 at elop.co.il
Sun Jan 11 22:09:27 PST 2004

Regarding edit distance lecture, slide 22.
For performance reason I think that instead of :
my @A=split //,$ARGV[0];
my @B=split //,$ARGV[1];
my @A = unpack "U*", $ARGV[0];
my @B = unpack "U*", $ARGV[1];
Which implies later a numeric comparison : my $p=($A[$i-1] == $B[$j-1])?0:1;
Also better (for real work) put the two lines of the minimum function
directly in the program and save the sub calling overhead.