[Israel.pm] Testing problem

Mikhael Goikhman migo at homemail.com
Mon Jan 5 06:40:54 PST 2004

On 05 Jan 2004 16:29:18 +0200, Thomas Maier wrote:

> Thanks, it's very nice, but IMO I can make it shorter by
> passing straight forward some faked 'command' instead of new
> subroutine
>
> sub method
> {
> 	my ($self, $fake_command, @param) = @_;
>  	$pid = open $fh,"-|","$fake_command @param";
> 	$x = do something with $fh;
> 	return $x;
> }
>
> But since it's only for testing purpose, I would like to avoid from
> passing additional parameters to this method. Any idea ?

You may use "true" as a fake command, this unix utility is designed for
such things, i.e. it accepts any arguments and any input and silently
ignores them. Similarly "false" does nothing too (except for returning 1
rather than 0). You may try "echo" as a fake command too.

Is this what you want?

Regards,
Mikhael.