[Israel.pm] purely hypothetical question

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Mon Jan 5 05:49:59 PST 2004

If I understand correctly, you want to embed Apache in Perl instead of
embedding Perl in Apache...

First of all, it sounds like a nice idea.

Well, I am guessing that small companies don't really care - they don't
get so much traffic to actually "feel" the affect of Apache on their system.
And big companies either rewrite apache, or give time to well
configure/optimize it, AND probably need some of the features of Apache
(mod_proxy, mod_rewrite - coming to think of it, even the smallest
companies use them).

Anyway that's my guess for now, and Apache isn't problematic memory-wise.
To be honest, mod_perl is the actual memory hog...

Ending up chopping Perl down instead of Apache would be more effective,
IMHO :)

Just my 2c.

  --Yuval