[Israel.pm] Next meeting

Offer Kaye oferk at oren.co.il
Sun Jan 4 07:29:52 PST 2004

> > Next meeting:
> > 8th January
> > 18:00-21:45 In Dapey Zahav http://www.d.co.il/ in Ramat Gan
>
> What time exactly does the lecture start?
> 18:00 or 19:00?!

Social meeting- 18:00 to 19:00.
Lecture start- 19:00.

> >   - Shlomo Yona: String matching algorithms: "edit distance" (60 min)
>
> There is so much I can say about this subject.
> I wonder if any of the people planning to come has any
> special request to cover some specific side of the topic.

I'd be interested in hearing more on this subject as relates to the
following 3 areas:
1. diff implementation
2. Spelling correction
3. Speech Recognition
(topics taken from:
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~lloyd/tildeAlgDS/Dynamic/Edit/ )

I would also be interested in knowing whether any Perl implementations are
really used, or only C/FORTRAN/<OTHER FAST LANG> implementations.