[OT] RE: [Israel.pm] Are we open source advocates ?

David Baird david.baird at homemail.com
Sun Jan 4 06:17:35 PST 2004

This is off-topic.

Our company sells source code to manufactures who want to use our
licensed technology. The source code comes with the license. It allows
them to build their commercial products either with our code as is, or
modify it for their product line. It is open source, they get the source
code. It is not free. They cannot redistribute it, and you as a customer
of their product cannot ask for it. We make money on the license. We
provide support for our code at a price. We will even modify and
customize it at a price. Many of you have a product using our source
code in your pocket or attached to your belt.

-David