OpenOffice Presentation [was Re: [Israel.pm] YAPCsubmissionsguidelines (light!)]

Offer Kaye oferk at oren.co.il
Sun Jan 4 01:42:37 PST 2004

> I don't understand what you want to do.

I want to try and help you, and other people on the list, who don't have
access to PowerPoint or have some other problem preparing a PowerPoint
formatted presentation and don't want to use HTML.

> If possible I can convert the
> presentation to PowerPoint and then fix it manually.

Yes, you said this in a previous email. All I meant was that I could help in
the "OpenOffice (or other format) -> PowerPoint" conversion part, for your
presentation or anyone elses. You seemed to be saying that you have a
problem convering your presentation yourself, because you were trying to do
it automatically. So I thought to offer my services as a YAPC organizer.

> Else, if you install
> OpenOffice, we can view it using it. (OpenOffice is available for
> Windows and
> for Linux). This would be the optimal solution.

I don't personally own a laptop so I can't install OO on one... ;-)

> In any case, you can find my presentation here:
>
> http://www.iglu.org.il/shlomif/lecture/Template-Toolkit/
>
> But I may change it in the future.

I was, of course, talking about converting the actual presentation you
submit for the YAPC, not any temporary version of said presentation.

> Regards,
>
> 	Shlomi Fish

Hope this clarified things.
Regards,