OpenOffice Presentation [was Re: [Israel.pm] YAPC submissions guidelines (light!)]

Gabor Szabo gabor at perl.org.il
Sat Jan 3 23:59:29 PST 2004

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Oron Peled wrote:

> On Saturday 03 January 2004 18:21, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > Generally, I think it is ironic that open source advocates like us do not
> > accept the most common open source presentation tool for our own conference.
>
> You are completely right in this (IMO). Did you try to export as PDF?
> (Acrobat Reader should be available even on inferior-non-free platforms, while
> on Linux you have in addition xpdf(1) and gv(1)).

Well we are Perl Mongers and not Open Source advocates. Some of us might
be both but that's only a coincidence.

You are always welcome to volunteer and to actually help Shlomo in taking
the presentation materials people send to him in some format and then
turn it to the format required by the prointing shop. Please be in
touch with Shlomo privately (!) regarding what exactly has to be done.